Advertiser Disclosure: Some of the card links and products that appear on this website are from companies which AskSebby may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. You don't have to use our links, but we're grateful when you do! View our Advertising Policy .The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of our partner offers may have expired.
The new Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card is Capital One’s take on a premium travel card that could rival others in its category. Get access to travel credits, airport lounge access, and more benefits.
- 10x miles per $1 on hotels and rental cars purchased through Capital One Travel
- 5x miles per $1 on flights purchases through Capital One Travel
- 2x miles per $1 on all other purchases
- Get up to $300 back annually as statement credits for bookings through Capital One Travel
- 10,000 bonus miles every card anniversary
- Access the Capital One Lounge (airport) and Priority Pass lounges worldwide
- 14+ Airline transfer partners
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- No foreign transaction fees
Welcome Offer and Eligibility
The Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card has a 100,000 miles welcome offer after spending $10,000 on the card within the first 6 months of account opening.
Capital One has a few card application rules to be aware of:
- You can only have two personal Capital One cards at a time
- Co-branded cards are generally excluded
- You can only get approved for one Capital One card, personal or business, once every 6 months
There are data points that you can receive a welcome offer multiple times for the same product if you follow the above rules and are approved. However, there is vague language in Capital One’s terms, so it might not be guaranteed if you previously opened the same card.
“The bonus may not be available for existing or previous account holders.”
Value of Venture Miles
Venture miles are flexible and can be redeemed for flights, hotels, statement credit, and gift cards.
The worst way to redeem Venture miles is cash back since miles are cashed out at 50% value. Cash back is when you request for the points to be added to your account or a check via mail. Redeeming points for statement credit is different than cash back.
When you choose to redeem miles for statement credit, you can select which travel transactions on your statement to “erase” within 90 days of the transaction posting. The travel category is broad and ranges from flight and hotel bookings to Uber and Airbnb purchases.
Airline Transfer Partners
Venture miles can be transferred to 14 airline partners via the Capital One Rewards Mile portal. In most cases, miles are transferred to the airline partner at a 1 to 1 ratio, with a few exceptions listed below.
Capital One Airline Transfer Partners:
- Aeromexico Club Premier (1 to 1 ratio)
- Air Canada Aeroplan (1 to 1 ratio)
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue (1 to 1 ratio)
- Avianca LifeMiles (1 to 1 ratio)
- British Airways Executive Club (1 to 1 ratio)
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles (1 to 1 ratio)
- Emirates Skywards (1 to 1 ratio)
- Etihad Guest (1 to 1 ratio)
- EVA Air Infinity MileageLands (2 to 1.5 ratio)
- Finnair Plus (1 to 1 ratio)
- Qantas Frequent Flyer (1 to 1 ratio)
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer (1 to 1 ratio)
- TAP Portugal Miles&Go (1 to 1 ratio)
- Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles (1 to 1 ratio)
Important: Once you transfer miles to a partner, you cannot reverse the transfer. Airline miles cannot be transferred back to Venture miles.
Before you transfer Venture miles to a partner, be sure to check the award chart for each airline to see if it’s a good value or not. Just because you have the ability to use transfer partners doesn’t mean that you should.