Advertiser Disclosure: Some of the card links and products that appear on this website are from companies which AskSebby may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. You don't have to use our links, but we're grateful when you do! View our Advertising Policy .The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of our partner offers may have expired.
The new Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card is Capital One’s take on a premium travel card that could rival others in its category. Get access to travel credits, airport lounge access, and more benefits.
- 10x miles per $1 on hotels and rental cars purchased through Capital One Travel
- 5x miles per $1 on flights purchases through Capital One Travel
- 2x miles per $1 on all other purchases
- Receive a $300 annual credit for bookings through Capital One Travel
- 10,000 bonus miles every card anniversary
- Access the Capital One Lounge (airport) and Priority Pass lounges worldwide
- Hertz President Circle Elite status
- 14+ Airline transfer partners
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- No foreign transaction fees
Welcome Offer and Eligibility
Capital One has a few card application rules to be aware of:
- You can only have two personal Capital One cards at a time
- Co-branded cards are generally excluded
- You can only get approved for one Capital One card, personal or business, once every 6 months
Existing or previous cardmembers are not eligible for a bonus if they have received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the past 48 months.
Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card calculator
Ask Sebby crunches the numbers for you to calculate the Expected Value of the Venture X. For the expected value of miles, we derive the approximate dollar value based on the numbers you enter in the calculator. Scroll down to the end of the post to see our methodology. The calculator below contains default figures and serve as an example only. Users should insert their own data for the most accurate results.
The results from the above calculator are based on your ability to reach the minimum spend requirement to earn the welcome offer, your amount of spend on different categories, how you plan to redeem Capital One Miles, and how much relative value you assign to the other benefits. The “Years” referenced in the calculator refer to the cardmember year, based on when you are approved for the card.
- Year 1 = first 12 months of card membership
- Year 2 = the following 12 months afterward
Value of Venture Miles
Venture miles are flexible and can be redeemed for flights, hotels, statement credit, and gift cards.
The worst way to redeem Venture miles is cash back since miles are cashed out at 50% value. Cash back is when you request for the points to be added to your account or a check via mail. Redeeming points for statement credit is different than cash back.
When you choose to redeem miles for statement credit, you can select which travel transactions on your statement to “erase” within 90 days of the transaction posting. The travel category is broad and ranges from flight and hotel bookings to Uber and Airbnb purchases.
Airline Transfer Partners
Venture miles can be transferred to 14 airline partners via the Capital One Rewards Mile portal. In most cases, miles are transferred to the airline partner at a 1 to 1 ratio, with a few exceptions listed below.
Capital One Airline Transfer Partners:
- Aeromexico Club Premier (1 to 1 ratio)
- Air Canada Aeroplan (1 to 1 ratio)
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue (1 to 1 ratio)
- Avianca LifeMiles (1 to 1 ratio)
- British Airways Executive Club (1 to 1 ratio)
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles (1 to 1 ratio)
- Emirates Skywards (1 to 1 ratio)
- Etihad Guest (1 to 1 ratio)
- EVA Air Infinity MileageLands (2 to 1.5 ratio)
- Finnair Plus (1 to 1 ratio)
- Qantas Frequent Flyer (1 to 1 ratio)
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer (1 to 1 ratio)
- TAP Portugal Miles&Go (1 to 1 ratio)
- Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles (1 to 1 ratio)
Important: Once you transfer miles to a partner, you cannot reverse the transfer. Airline miles cannot be transferred back to Venture miles.
Before you transfer Venture miles to a partner, be sure to check the award chart for each airline to see if it’s a good value or not. Just because you have the ability to use transfer partners doesn’t mean that you should.
Hertz Benefit: Upon enrollment, accessible through the Capital One website or mobile app, eligible cardholders will remain at upgraded status level through December 31, 2024. Please note, enrolling through the normal Hertz Gold Plus Rewards enrollment process (e.g. at Hertz.com) will not automatically detect a cardholder as being eligible for the program and cardholders will not be automatically upgraded to the applicable status tier. Additional terms apply
For Capital One products listed on this page, some of the above benefits are provided by Visa® or Mastercard® and may vary by product. See the respective Guide to Benefits for details, as terms and exclusions apply.