Whenever we create a video about the Centurion Lounge, a few common questions seem to be asked. We'll answer them all in this post.
You can veiw credit card offers by going to the "Credit Card Offers" tab. Click "Point Rewards Credit Cards" and "Show More Results" until you find the card you're looking for. You don't have to use our links, but we're grateful when you do. Thank you for supporting AskSebby!
Q: Is the food free?
A: Yes, the food is free and unlimited. Rule of thumb, don't take more than you can eat. I hate wasting food. The food at the lounge is well stocked and refilled often.
If you visit during peak lunch or dinner hours, there might be a line because everyone is waiting for the entrees. Wait 15 minutes, and the line will most likely disappear.
One thing to consider is that hot breakfast is served after 5:30 am, and hot dinner is served until 9 pm.
Q: Who can access the lounge?
A: Amex Platinum and Amex Centurion cardholders can access the lounge for free. Each card grants complimentary admission for you and two guests. Cardholders have unlimited access.
Amex Platinum card variations like the Charles Schwab, Ameriprise, and the Mercedes-Benz cards also have complimentary access to the Centurion Lounge.
If you don't have an Amex Platinum or Centurion card, then you cannot pay to access the lounge.
Note: The Amex Delta Platinum card will not grant access to the lounge. Yes, it does have the word "Platinum" in it, but it's not an Amex Platinum card.
Q: What are the Centurion locations and hours?
A: You can find a full list of locations and hours here.
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (Terminal D, opposite Gate D17 on the mezzanine), 5:30 am – 10 pm
- Hong Kong International (Terminal 1, Take the escalator just before Gate 61.), 5;30 am - 12:30 am
- IAH/Intercontinental Houston Airport (Terminal D, access via elevators near Gate D6) 5:30 am - 9 pm
- Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (Concourse D, opposite Gate D1), 5 am – 11 pm
- Miami International Airport (Concourse D, near Gate D12), 5 am - 11 pm
- New York's LaGuardia Airport (Terminal B, pre-security, on the upper level), Sunday - Friday 5:30 am – 8 pm, Saturday 5:30 am – 6:30 pm
- San Francisco International Airport (Terminal 3, near Gate 74), 5 am – 11 pm
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (Concourse B, opposite Gate B3), 5 am - 10 pm
Q: Are drinks free?
A: Yes, non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks are complimentary. Each lounge has a unique signature cocktail menu.
Q: What do the lunch/dinner menus look like?
A: You can find sample menus for each location on the Centurion Lounge's website: https://www.thecenturionlounge.com/
Lunch and dinner usually consist of a main entree, sides, and soup. A salad bar is always available. From my experience, fried chicken is served on the weekends and the weekday entree varies.
Q: Does the Centurion Lounge have free wifi?
A: Yes, ask the front desk for the wifi password.
Q: Can you visit the lounge when you depart and arrive from the airport?
A: Yes, you can access the lounge when you're departing and when you're arriving at the airport. I've visited the lounge upon arrival multiple times and enjoyed a meal.
If you have checked luggage, it might not make sense to visit the lounge upon arrival because you need to claim your luggage at the carousel.
Some lounges also have a shower. Ask the front desk for availability.
Q: Do you need an airline ticket to access the lounge?
A: Yes, you can only access the lounge if you're flying or arriving the same day. You will need to present your boarding pass to the front desk to enter the lounge.
Q: Is there a dress code?
A: No, it's a casual environment and there is not a formal dress code.