Advertiser Disclosure: Some of the card links and products that appear on this website are from companies which AskSebby may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. You don't have to use our links, but we're grateful when you do! View our Advertising Policy .The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of our partner offers may have expired.
The Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card is a great choice for individuals who frequently travel with Southwest Airlines. The advantages it offers, such as upgraded boarding, complimentary in-flight WiFi, Global Entry, TSA PreCheck® or NEXUS credits, and additional bonuses on purchases beyond just Southwest, easily outweigh the annual fee. Terms apply to benefits.
- Earn 4x points on Southwest purchases, including flight, inflight, and Southwest gift cards
- Earn 3x points on Rapid Rewards hotel and car partners
- Earn 2x points on social media and search engine advertising, internet, cable, and phone services
- Earn 2x points on local transit and commuting, including rideshare
- Earn 1x points on all other purchases
- 4 Upgraded Boardings every year when available.
- Inflight WiFi Credits.
- Global Entry, TSA PreCheck®, or NEXUS fee credit.
- Get a boost of 10,000 Companion Pass® qualifying points every year.
- Earn A-List status faster. Get 1,500 tier qualifying points (TPQs) toward A-List status for every $10,000 spent on purchases annually. There's no limit on the amount of TPQs you can earn.
- Get up to $500 in fee credit for point transfers to another Rapid Rewards Member each anniversary year.
Travel and Purchase Protection Benefits:
- Baggage Delay Insurance
- Auto rental collision damage waiver - Primary when renting for business purposes
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement
- Roadside Dispatch
- Purchase Protection
- Travel and Emergency Assistance
Intro Bonus and Eligibility
The Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card has a few application rules to be aware of:
- To qualify for the intro bonus, you cannot currently have the Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card.
- The Southwest cards are affected by the Chase 5/24 rule.
- If you have opened more than 5 accounts from any credit card issuer in the past 24 months, you don’t qualify for the intro bonus.
- You can earn a Southwest welcome offer once every 24 months.
Unlike personal Southwest cards, you can have multiple Southwest business cards.
Review: Is The Chase Southwest Business Performance Card Worth It?
The Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card is a valuable companion for business owners who frequently fly with Southwest.
While it has a higher annual fee compared to other Southwest cards, it offers exceptional rewards-earning potential. Additionally, the card provides useful perks that can help offset the annual fee, such as a 9,000-point anniversary bonus, a path to airline status, upgraded boardings, inflight WiFi credit, and a statement credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® programs. Furthermore, the card’s travel and shopping protections justify using it for purchases outside of Southwest and other bonus categories.
The card's intro bonus and generous rewards structure can bring you closer to earning a Companion Pass. However, if that is not your goal, you may find other cards more suitable for your business spending needs, offering broader category bonuses, more flexible points, and even greater travel protections.
Business owners who are loyal to Southwest and have expenses that align with the card’s rewards categories can maximize its benefits and potentially find it highly rewarding. The card offers attractive perks that add to its overall value.
However, if your business spending does not align with the specific rewards categories of this card or you don't fly Southwest, you may find greater value in opting for a general travel card with broader rewards categories or flat-rate rewards.