Advertiser Disclosure: Some of the card links and products that appear on this website are from companies which AskSebby may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. You don't have to use our links, but we're grateful when you do! View our Advertising Policy .The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of our partner offers may have expired.
Best Checking Accounts 2022
For checking accounts, I'm generally optimizing for fees and convenience. Below are two of my favorite checking accounts.
With over 4,700 branches and 16,000 ATMs, Chase has one of the largest footprints.
- The Chase Total Checking account has a $12 monthly service fee, but this is waived with either: (1) $500 in direct deposits like payroll or government benefits, (2) $1,500+ beginning day balance for each day, (3) $5,000+ average beginning day balance.
- Chase also has good UX/UI compared to some other large banks.
Learn more here: https://personal.chase.com/personal/checking
The Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking offers one of the more intriguing accounts.
- No fees or account minimums make it competitive for people entering the financial world.
- Schwab also has travel features such as (1) no foreign transaction fees (2) unlimited ATM fee rebates worldwide.
- Even if you have a checking account, adding this as a secondary account for travel purposes might make sense.
- Schwab Checking is NOT ideal for people who need a physical branch; in those cases, go with a credit union or a large bank.
Learn more here: https://www.schwab.com/checking
Some of the card links and other products that appear on this website are from companies which AskSebby will earn an affiliate commission or referral bonus. AskSebby is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). This site does not include all credit card companies or all available credit card offers.
Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, vendors or companies, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.