Don't want to deal with the hassle of enrolling in 5% cash back categories each quarter? The Chase Freedom Unlimited has a $150 signup bonus and earns an unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
Chase Freedom Unlimited
- Annual fee: $0
- Sign-up bonus: $150 after $500 in spend within the first 90 days of account opening
- Spending Multipliers: Earn unlimited 1.5x on all purchases
- Foreign transaction fees: 3%
Review: Is the Chase Freedom Unlimited Worth It?
The Chase Freedom Unlimited earns 1.5% cash back on all purchases so you don't have to worry about keeping track or activating categories.
Even though the points earned on the Chase Freedom Unlimited are advertised as cash back, you earn Ultimate Rewards.
If you have any other Chase card that earns Ultimate Rewards points, the Chase Freedom Unlimited compliments the card(s) as a catch-all for non-category purchases.
Who should get the Chase Freedom Unlimited?
- Students or anyone who wants a solid starter card to build their credit history.
- If you have a high amount of non-category spend like marketing ads, hardware supplies, or bills.
- Anyone who is interested in redeeming points for travel and has one of the following cards:
Editorial Note: Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, vendors or companies, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
UGC disclosure: These responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.”