Delta Flash Sale to Europe
To take advantage of exclusive Award Pricing for seasonal and year-round routes to Europe, book with miles by Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 11:59pm ET and travel anytime between September 8 - November 15, 2018 or January 10 – March 15, 2019.
Earn 6x AAdvantage Miles on Apple Purchases on 5/17/18
If you're planning on purchasing an Apple product soon, I recommend waiting until 5/17/18 to earn 6x AAdvantage Miles. h/t The Points Guy
How to redeem offer
- Create an AAdvantage eShopping account or login: https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/
- Turn adblocker off
- Shop through the AAdvantage eShopping portal on 5/17/18
- Some purchases like Apple gift cards and gift wrap do not qualify for 6x. Be sure to read the terms and conditions.
If you're in the first year of the Discover It card, be sure to check Discover Deals to see if you can earn 5% cashback at Apple. 5% Cashback becomes 10% with the first year Cashback Match program.
Acorns $1,000 Referral Bonus
Learn more about Acorns in the video below:
Samsung Pay: 15% Off Hotels.com Gift Cards
Chase IHG Upgrade Offers
If you have the "old" Chase IHG Rewards Club Select card, Chase is sending out upgrade offers for the new Premier card. h/t Miles to Memories
The upgrade offer:
- 5,000 bonus points
- Must upgrade by 6/30/18
Why you shouldn't upgrade
- The annual fee will increase from $49 to $89
- The anniversary night will go from unrestricted to restricted (40,000 point limit)
Instead of upgrading the IHG Select, it might make sense to apply for the IHG Premier instead to receive a signup bonus and an additional free (restricted) anniversary night.
You can view credit card offers by going to the "Credit Card Offers" tab. Find offers for the respective cards in "Hotel Credit Cards." You don't have to use our links, but we're grateful when you do. Thank you for supporting AskSebby!
Japan Airlines to Start New International Budget Airline
JAL is launching a new international budget airline in 2020. The airline doesn't have a name yet, and the hub will be based out of Tokyo Narita International Airport (NRT).
Flight destinations include Asia, Europe, and the Americas. Read the full article here.
RoomiPay Flat 2% Credit Card Fee
RoomiPay is a service that lets you pay your rent with a credit card for a fee.
In the past, RoomiPay had variable fees based on your position in line, and for May, they're charging a flat 2% credit card fee for everyone.
Moving forward, if you want to pay your rent with RoomiPay, you'll need to submit an ID for verification.
Plastiq 2% Fee Rent/Mortgage Promotion
Last week, Plastiq sent out a targeted email to a select group of users that had a promotional 1.75% credit card fee for all non-Visa payments. Be sure to check your email to see if you are targeted.
If you weren't targeted, the 2% rent/mortgage promotion is still valid for new users. Schedule up to 6 rent or mortgage payments before May 31, 2018, and you will only pay a 2% fee.
How it works
- Sign up for a Plastiq account using the offer link: http://bit.ly/plastiqpromo
- 2% promotion is valid for new users only
- Must use offer link
- Schedule 6 rent or real estate payments and you will only pay a 2% Plastiq fee for each payment. (Plastiq fee will be standard for any payments beyond the first 6.)
- Submit your first rent or real estate payment by May 31, 2018 at 11:59 PM ET.
New users will also receive 500 fee-free dollars after they make a payment of $500 or more.
As a reminder, you should only pay your mortgage with a credit card if you're getting more than the fees involved.
If you have a Chase Ink Preferred card, Plastiq codes as 3x.
Plastiq: Pay Up to $500 in Bills with MasterPass for 0% fee
Pay up to $500 in bills and invoices using your Mastercard on Masterpass, and pay no Plastiq fee. You can use this promotion on the first $500 on each transaction. Any amount exceeding it will be subject to the standard 2.5% fee.
New and existing customers qualify for the promotion starting from May 14 - September 30, 2018.
Try Plastiq and get $500 in fee-free payments after you spend $500 (referral link): http://bit.ly/asksebby-plastiq
- Needs to have made $500 in payments, in their account history to qualify
- This requirement blocks people from creating multiple accounts
- They need to use a MasterCard that they added to their MasterPass Wallet.
See more details on the Plastiq FAQ page.