10-20% Off Select Gift Cards via Chase Ultimate Rewards
If you don't plan on redeeming Ultimate Rewards for travel, buying gift cards while there's a promotion is a good alternative.
To see the eligible gift cards, login to your Chase Ultimate Rewards Portal and click the Gift Cards menu item at the top. The cards flagged with "deal" qualify for the promotion.
Switch Your Amazon 1-Click Card to Citi, Get $10 Amazon.com Credit (Targeted)
Citi recently sent out an email to select cardholders to get $10 off at Amazon.com when you make your eligible Citi card your default 1-Click payment method.
Direct link to offer: https://amzn.to/2xVMach
Link card by June 12, 2018. Credit must be redeemed by 11:59 p.m. PT on July 31, 2018
The fine print
This promotional offer is available only to customers who were served an advertisement or received an email for the 1-Click default payment and to purchases made with an eligible Citi Card. Complete the following actions to claim the offer:
- Click on the ad promoting this offer.
- On the 1-Click landing page, sign in to your Amazon.com account.
- Change your 1-Click default payment method to an eligible Citi Card.
- When prompted, confirm your billing address or add a new billing address.
- The credit will be applied to your Amazon.com account.
- To redeem the credit, make subsequent eligible purchase(s) with your eligible Citi Card.
- An eligible Citi Card is a Citi-branded consumer or business credit card issued in the US except for the Costco Anywhere Visa Card and the Costco Anywhere Visa Business Card.
- This promotional offer is valid for a limited time only or while supplies last.
- Offer limited to one per customer and account.
- Credit must be redeemed by 11:59 p.m. PT on July 31, 2018.
Get $30 off $60 on Amazon.com When You Use Amex Membership Reward Points (Targeted)
Amazon.com and American Express are running a promotion where you can get $30 off $60 your Amazon.com purchase when you pay with at least one MR point. The offer is targeted, and you must activate it to qualify.
Direct link to offer: https://amzn.to/2xVZBJm
The fine print
- The promotion will end at 11:59 PT on 11/30/2018.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of at least $60 of eligible products, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is entered at checkout. Taxes, gift-wrap, and shipping and handling charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $30 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled Card.
- Offer is not available to American Express Membership Rewards eligible cards whose points have been previously used for purchases at Amazon.com in the past twelve months.
- Offer only applies to eligible products shipped and sold by Amazon.com.
- To redeem the offer, you must be logged into an account which has been active for 30 days or longer.
Starbucks Members: Get 3 Months of Spotify Premium + Free 125 Stars for $0.99
Starbucks Rewards members can get 3 months of Spotify Premium for $0.99 when you try Spotify Premium. You'll also get 125 free Stars that can be redeemed for one food or drink item of any size.
Starbucks Rewards is Starbuck's loyalty program, and it's free to enroll.
Direct link to offer: https://www.spotify.com/us/starbucksrewards/
The offer expires on June 14, 2018, or until 210,000 offer redemptions. After the 3 month Spotify trial, the pricing goes back to $9.99/month.
Our First Podcast?!
We decided to launch a podcast on 360 by Mandy to elaborate on select topics. Our first episode is a casual conversation about store credit cards and the most frequently asked questions we receive about them.
The podcast is a 360 video because we figured walking around is more interesting than staring at us talking for 30 minutes.
Delta Airlines Europe Deals
If you have a stash of Delta Airline points, Delta is currently having a sale on flights to Europe. Travel dates are January 10-March 15, 2019.
The fine print
- Fares start at 33,000 miles
- Must book round-trip flight
- Purchase by June 13, 2018
- Travel period: January 10-March 2019
- Must purchase directly at delta.com
LAX Adds New Priority Pass Restaurant
Good news for travelers going through LAX! Priority Pass just added Barney's Beanery to the restaurant list.
Priority Pass cardholders can use the benefit to receive $28 off the bill, plus and additional $28 for each guest. Be sure to check your credit card's benefit to see how many complimentary guests you have with your specific card. Gratuity is NOT included, so remember to carry cash.
See the Barney's Beanery menu here: https://www.flylax.com/-/media/flylax/dining-and-shopping/menu/barneys-beanery-1861-1297.ashx
American Express Adds Anti-Churning Language
Amex recently updated it's terms of service again to include anti-churning language. h/t US Credit Card Guide
"We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility. "
The terms are vague and up to interpretation, so we'll see what happens in the future. Data points are still needed to see if the terms are enforced.