100k Amex Platinum Offer via CardMatch (Targeted)
A few subscribers have messaged me to let me know that they've been targeted for the elusive 100k Amex Platinum offer via CardMatch.
You can find the CardMatch banner in the top right sidebar to see if you're targeted for any offers.
Amex Platinum 100k (Targeted): Worth It?
- Can you hit the minimum spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
- Are you OVER the Chase 5/24 rule (or got all the cards you wanted)?
Should you get the card? If your answers to the questions are:
- Yes for ONE question = Probably not; Your mileage may vary (YMMV)
- Yes for BOTH questions = Probably yes; YMMV
Amex Centurion Lounge Adds Restrictions
According to Miles to Memories, the Miami and the Seattle Amex Centurion Lounges are restricting lounge access during peak travel periods.
- Access is limited to 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure time of your flight
- Inbound boarding passes are not accepted for entry
It's worth taking into consideration that the Miami and Seattle lounges are smaller in terms of square feet.
- SEA = 3,100 square feet
- MIA = 8,541 square feet (12,541 square feet after expansion)
Example of others (non-restricted as of 6/2/2018)
- SFO = 8,200 square feet
- DFW = 12,000 square feet
- HKG = 8,000 square feet
- PHL = 6,300 square feet
- LAX = 13,693 square feet
- DEN = 14,650 square feet
- JFK = 15,000 square feet
Asia Miles Devaluation
We recently created a post about how to book business class flights using Cathay Pacific Asia Miles, and the devaluation has a negative impact on business class redemption.
However, if you are looking to book economy flights to Asia, then the changes are positive.
New 360 Video Channel
Mandy just launched a 360 channel to showcase all of our travel adventures in VR. Feel free to check it out and subscribe if you like it!