The Chase IHG Rewards Club Select credit card might disappear soon and be replaced by two new products. Newly leaked details of the new IHG cards have emerged.
You can view credit card offers by going to the "Credit Card Offers" tab. Find offers for the respective cards in "Hotel Credit Cards." You don't have to use our links, but we're grateful when you do. Thank you for supporting AskSebby!
Classic, Legacy, and Business IHG Cards
h/t king99 for finding a link that outlines four IHG cards: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/ihg/other-cards/other-ihg-cc
It's not clear if Chase/IHG are testing products or if these products will launch soon:
- IHG Rewards Club Classic Credit Card
- IHG Rewards Club Legacy Credit Card
- IHG Rewards Club Business Credit Card
- IHG Rewards Club Business Credit Card (no annual fee)
The Classic card is the "secret" downgrade path that already exists, and it seems like the Legacy Club card is in line with the current benefits that the IHG Rewards Club Select card currently offers. What's interesting is the addition of the two business cards.
Overall, I wouldn't read too much into the website because it looks like filler form data, hence why the two business cards have the same name.
New IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card
A leaked screenshot of the new IHG Rewards Club Premier credit card has emerged. h/t Straight to the Points
There is a lot of information, but since it looks like a template, assume that the details are unofficial and are subject to change until the card launches. Here's what you need to know.
- Annual fee: $89
- Sign-up bonus: 80,000 points after $2,000 in spend within the first three months
- Free anniversary night, only at eligible hotels worldwide
- Earn 10x points at IHG stays
- Earn 2x points on gas, groceries, and restaurants
- 20% discount when you purchase points with your IHG Premier card
- Fourth Reward Night Free when you redeem points for 4 or more nights
- $100 Global Entry/TSA Pre-Check credit every 4 years
- Earn 5,000 points after you add an authorized user, and they make a purchase within the first three months of account opening
- Platinum status
- No foreign transaction fees
If the leaked page is accurate, the 20% discount and fourth night free benefits would be powerful for reward redemptions. The free anniversary night seems to be restricted to select properties since the word "eligible" is in the terms. I'll dive into an analysis once the card is officially announced.
Should you get the IHG Rewards Club Select card? If you're under 5/24, I don't think it's worth using up a slot unless you have a specific redemption in mind. I usually recommend that people complete the Chase Trifecta or get Southwest Companion Pass before moving on to non-5/24 cards.