Beginning on May 20, 2018, Chase will introduce a new business card: the Chase Ink Unlimited. The benefits are parallel to the (personal) Chase Freedom Unlimited. h/t Doctor of Credit
The Chase Ink Unlimited will earn 1.5x on all purchases, so there's no need to optimize for categories.
You can view credit card offers by going to the "Credit Card Offers" tab. Find offers for the respective cards in "Business Credit Cards." You don't have to use our links, but we're grateful when you do. Thank you for supporting AskSebby!
New Chase Ink Unlimited Credit Card
- Annual fee: $0
- Signup bonus: $500 after you spend $3,000 within the first three months of account opening
- Earn 1.5x on all purchases
A few people are speculating that the Chase Ink Cash might be replaced by the Chase Ink Unlimited, but I don't think it's likely.
However, if the Chase Ink Cash is on your list, it currently has a historic high offer of 50,000 points after you spend $3,000 within the first three months of account opening.
Introducing the Chase Ink Unlimited completes the parallel to the personal cards:
- 1.5x on everything
- Personal = Chase Freedom Unlimited
- Business = Chase Ink Unlimited
- 5x categories
- Personal = Chase Freedom
- Business Chase Ink Cash
- 2x and 3x categories
- Personal = Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Sapphire Reserve
- Business = Chase Ink Preferred
We'll write a post with about the optimal strategy for the Chase Ink cards once all of the details are released.
United MileagePlus Explorer Updates
On June 1, 2018, Positive changes are coming to the United MileagePlus Explorer card. h/t u/churnxburn
United MileagePlus Explorer added benefits
- Earn 2x miles on restaurant purchases
- Earn 2x miles for hotels (booked directly with the hotel)
- $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit
- 25% back as a statement credit on purchases of food, beverages, and Wi-Fi onboard United-operated flights
On the other hand, the United card will also lose some benefits starting on May 31, 2018:
- Price and return protection
- 10,000 bonus miles after spending $25,000 in a calendar year
Negative Changes to the Chase Sapphire Reserve
According to a document from Doctor of Credit, negative changes are coming to the Chase Sapphire Reserve starting on August 26, 2018.
- Cardholders will no longer earn 3x points on travel purchases that qualify for the $300 annual travel credit
- Priority Pass Select access will be limited to two guests per visit. Additional guests will be charged $27 each.
- Price protection will no longer be available
3x on $300 annual travel credit
With the new changes, you'll no longer earn 3x points when you the $300 travel credit is applied. 3x on $300 is only 900 Ultimate Rewards points, which is valued at up to $18 depending on how you use them.
900 Ultimate Rewards:
- 1.0 CPP = $9
- 1.5 CPP = $13.50
- 2.0 CPP = $18
Priority Pass Select
It's not surprising that the Priority Pass Select benefit is being reduced to allow only two guests. There are plenty of articles about how the benefit was being "abused," and people were bringing in 10+ guests at a time.
Priority Pass is becoming a more common benefit for travel credit cards, so the impact varies based on the cards in your wallet.
Refreshed Disney Debit Card Designs
If you have the Disney debit card, the Disney Dalmatians debit card design will no longer be offered as of May 20, 2018.
New Frozen, BB-8, and Darth Vader designs will be released on May 20.