Iberia Airlines just announced a partnership with JPMorgan Chase and released the new Chase Iberia Plus credit card.
Iberia Airlines has flights from select major cities to South America, Central America, Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.
Here are some first impressions of the card; I'll dive into specifics and best redemptions in the near future.
Chase Iberia Plus Credit Card
- Annual fee: $95, not waived the first year
- Signup bonus: Earn up to 75,000 bonus Avios
- 50,000 Avios after $3,000 spend within first 3 months plus 25,000 Avios after $10,000 spend within your first year
- Earn 3 Avios for every $1 you spend on Iberia, British Airways, Aer Lingus, LEVEL and OpenSkies purchases
- Earn 1 Avios for all other purchases
- Earn a $1,000 discount voucher towards two tickets on the same flight for each calendar year you spend $30,000 on the card
- Get 10% off Iberia flights when you book through the travel portal
- No foreign transaction fees
- Link to offer: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/iberia
For most people, I don't think it makes sense to go after the second bonus traunch, but I'll dive into that in a future post.
The card earns Avios, which is a good companion to the Chase British Airways card. Iberia Avios and British Airways Avios are fully transferable between programs.
$1,000 Discount Voucher
To receive the $1,000 discount voucher, you must spend at least $30,000 a year on the card. The discount voucher is a coupon code, and cannot be used towards gift cards.
The voucher can only be applied towards two tickets on the same flight and same class of travel and is only valid for 12 months.
10% off Iberia Flights
Get 10% off Iberia flights when you use the Iberia Visa card and book directly through the travel portal at https://www.iberia.com/chase10.
The Chase Iberia Plus card is a Visa Signature card and comes with standard benefits like no foreign transaction fees. The minimum opening credit limit is $5,000.
According to data points, the Chase Iberia Plus is not affected by Chase 5/24.