Chase Hyatt: Get $30 back after spending $300 at grocery or drug stores
Chase Hyatt cardmembers can get $30 back after spending $300 at grocery stores drug stores.
Here's how it works:
- Register your Hyatt Credit Card by February 28, 2018.
- Spend $300 on in-store purchases at grocery stores or drug stores in the U.S. by February 28, 2018.
- Get a $30 credit on your Hyatt Credit Card statement.
Direct link to offer: https://rtm.visa.com/Registration/HYATT2018Q1
IHG Rewards Club PointBreaks updates list of 5,000 points redemptions
IHG updated their PointBreaks promotion so that hotels can be booked for 5,000 points, 10,000 points, and 15,000 points.
Due to the limited availability, each member may only book two PointBreaks® Reward Nights reservations per hotel during the special offer time period. Offer and participating hotels are subject to change at any time, valid for booking through April 30th, 2018.
See list of hotels and redemptions: https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks?cm_mmc=OFMAM-6C-US-EN-IHGBLOG-NEW-PREVIEW
American Airlines Reduced Mileage Rewards
Save up to 7,500 miles on roundtrip MileSAAver® awards
Ready to redeem your miles for a reduced mileage award? Here's how:
- Find your card and mileage discount
- Based on your mileage discount, pick the class of service you want to travel in and find the award code
- Choose your destination – just make sure it’s available when you want to travel
- Call Reservations at 800-882-8880 or visit a ticket office to book your award
Acorns $1,000 Referral Bonus
Learn more about Acorns in the video below:
Chase Pay: $7 Off any movie ticket with Atom Tickets
To redeem this offer:
- Use your Atom Tickets account (or create an account if a new user)† to add one or more tickets to your cart for any movie
- Use Chase Pay as your method of payment
- The promotional discount will be automatically applied to your second ticket during checkout, while supplies last
- Enjoy your movie!
Offer is valid January 28, 2018 (12:01 am ET) through December 31, 2018 (11:59 pm ET) or until supplies run out, whichever occurs first.
Direct link to offer: https://www.atomtickets.com/promotions/chase-experiences-seven-off-terms
Plenti loses partners
If you have Plenti points, I recommend using your points ASAP because their retail partners are starting to end their partnerships.
One of the big retailers leaving Plenti is Macy's. Starting on May 3, 2018, you will no longer be able to redeem your Plenti points at Macy's.
Chili's is also another partner that will be leaving Plenti on May 3, 2018.
Comenity to discontinue the Fuel Rewards Master Card
Comenity will be closing all Fuel Rewards Master Card accounts on April 30, 2018. h/t Doctor of Credit.
If you're looking for an alternative credit card for gas purchases, check out our post here.
Northpointe 5% APY checking accounts becoming 1%
Northpointe just issued letters to account holders informing them that the 5% APY checking account will only earn 1% starting on March 1, 2018.
Cryptocurrencies and taxes
Here's an interesting thread by three CPAs and thoughts on taxes related to cryptocurrencies.