I've had a lot of people tell me that they want to take a vacation or honeymoon to Bora Bora, but booking with reward certificates is too difficult.
If you are looking to book this trip and you don't want to go through the hassle, my recommendation is to go through Costco Travel.
Costco currently has a deal for 8-nights including airfare from Los Angeles. Packages start at $3,899 per person. To claim this deal, you need to book by 9/24/2017. See the deal page here.
- Round-trip economy class airfare from Los Angeles on Air Tahiti Nui
- Inter-island airfare
- Ground transportation to and from hotel
- Three nights in an Overwater Junior Suite Bungalow at InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa
- Round-trip boat transfers from airport to hotel (Bora Bora)
- Five nights in an Overwater Lagoon Junior Suite Bungalow at InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort
- Airfare and hotel taxes
- Eight nights for the price of five
- Daily buffet breakfast
- Nightly two-course dinner
- One three-course romantic dinner for two served with a bottle of house Champagne (Bora Bora)
- Unlimited internet access
- Welcome lei greeting
- Special amenities for honeymoon couples
Costco Executive Member Bonus:
- New: Executive Members now earn an annual 2% Reward on Costco Travel purchases. Effective 9/1/17.
- One resort logo T-shirt and one Tahitian pareo at InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa (per room, per stay, 3 nights or more)
- One resort logo T-shirt and one Tahitian pareo at InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort (per room, per stay, 3 nights or more)
Is the Costco Travel package worth it?
Download or save a copy of the spreadsheet here: http://bit.ly/2wHY6gI
During low season, the cost of the Costco deal for two people is $7,798 before taxes.
Pulling in random dates during the low season for Le Moana, the retail price for 5 nights is $3,673. The retail price for Moorea is $1,644, making the total for the nights $5,318.
Once we factor in the round trip airfare, the total difference is $138. The Costco deal includes food, inter-island airfare, boat transportation, and transportation to the airport, which can easily be an extra $2,000 retail.
During peak season, the total cost for two people for the Costco deal is $9,198.
The retail price for hotels and airfare come out to be $5,400 and $2,606, respectively.
The inter-island flights and food will easily cost $1,000+, which means you'll either breakeven or come out ahead with the Costco deal.
I think visiting during low season is a no brainer, especially if Bora Bora is on your bucket list and you don't want to go through the hassle of points.
Since the Costco Travel deal includes meals, airport transportation, and inter-island flights, I think it's a worthwhile deal.