It seems like Chase and IHG are phasing out the IHG Rewards Club Select credit card. Thanks to one of our subscribers Kevin for the tip!
[ Update 3/30/18 ] Data points have suggested that you can secure message to get matched to the targeted 80k offer. Since it is a targeted offer, you'll need to apply with the 60k public offer first, then request a match.
[ Update 3/27/18 ] New details of the New Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card have emerged. See post here.
[ Update 3/25/18 10:50 p.m ] Chase is updating their website and added IHG Rewards Club Legacy Credit Card and IHG business cards: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/ihg/other-cards/other-ihg-cc
I did reach out to Chase myself and confirmed with a representative that the link on the Chase site leads to 404 error page. I also tested the links using different browsers to confirm the link on Chase was dead.
When the Chase discontinued the Chase Fairmont card a year ago, we saw the same pattern. The Fairmont card disappeared from the Chase site first, and then other active links disappeared.
From Kevin's email:
"I called them and they said it is discontinued, and they are releasing 2 new versions in April. A “travel” one and a “premier one." From what I gathered, no free annual nights. 4th will night free. Annual fees of $29 and $89. Higher points (10 pts)/dollar spent at IHG. Not sure if the old card will grandfather over the annual free night?"
Bottomline, if the Chase IHG Rewards Club Select card is on your wish list, now would be a good time to get it before it's gone.
IHG Rewards Club Select Card
- $49 annual fee, waived the first year
- Sign up bonus: 60,000 bonus points, after $1,000 in spend within the first 3 months
- Earn an additional 5,000 points when you add an authorized user and they make their first purchase within the first 3 months
- Earn 5 points per $1 when you stay at IHG hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants
- 1 free night after each account anniversary year
What we like:
- No category limit on the anniversary free night
- Platinum Elite status at IHG hotels
- No foreign transaction fees
- The IHG Rewards Club Select card is NOT affected by the Chase 5/24 rule.
- The card is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.