The Chase Freedom Unlimited card usually has a signup bonus of $150 after $500 in spend within the first three months, with a flat 1.5% cash back rate. Chase recently released an alternative new offer for the Chase Freedom Unlimited to earn 3% cash back on all purchases within the first year.
You can view credit card offers by going to the "Credit Card Offers" tab. Find offers for the respective cards in "Point Rewards Credit Cards." You don't have to use our links, but we're grateful when you do. Thank you for supporting AskSebby!
Chase Freedom Unlimited (Normal offer)
- No annual fee
- Sign up bonus: $150 after $500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn 1.5% cash back on every purchase
Chase Freedom Unlimited (New alternative offer)
- No annual fee
- Sign up bonus: $0
- Earn 3% cash back on every purchase within the first year; earn 1.5% after Year 1.
- Direct link to offer: https://creditcards.chase.com/cash-back-credit-cards/chase-freedom-unlimited
Important note: the new alternative offer does NOT come with a signup bonus.
If you have a Chase Sapphire card, you can transfer the points you earn from the Chase Freedom Unlimited for even better value.
- Redeem points for 1.25x in travel if you have the Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Redeem points for 1.5x in travel if you have the Chase Sapphire Reserve
Depending on how you value Ultimate Rewards points and if you have a Chase Sapphire card, the breakeven point varies based on the cents per point (CPP) valuation.
CPP can range from 1-3 depending on:
- 1 CPP = cash out
- 1.25 CPP = Chase Ink Preferred or Chase Sapphire Preferred travel portal
- 1.5 CPP = Chase Sapphire Reserve travel portal
- 2-3 CPP = Transfer partners
- Access the spreadsheet here: http://bit.ly/2Jljxpw
- File -> "Make a Copy" OR "Save a Copy."
- Enter the amount of annual spend in the TOP RIGHT YELLOW box.
Chase Freedom Unlimited $150 + 1.5% Cash Back Offer
For most people who have normal everyday spend, I recommend going for the regular offer of $150 for $500 in spend. Since it takes $10,000 to breakeven with the new offer, you could easily hit the minimum spend of 2-3 additional cards.
Chase Freedom Unlimited 3% Cash Back Offer
If you're running a business or have high ad spend, the new alternative offer of 3% cash back is your best bet.
Typically growth/marketing/user acquisition at early-stage (seed/A/B) startups or ad agencies.
- Chase Ink Preferred 3x caps off at $150,000/year
- Amex Business Gold Rewards caps off at $100,000/year
With $1,000,000 in ad spend, you're still left with $750,000 in minimum spend ability.
Why run so many ads?
Imagine if your average customer yielded a lifetime value of $100. If your customer acquisition cost was $10, you just "made" $90 by running ads. Alternatively, you're burning money to find product-market fit.