The Barclaycard JetBlue Plus currently has a historic high offer of 60,000 points; the normal offer is 30,000 points. Back in August, we saw the sign-up bonus increase to 40,000 points after $1,000 in spending.
Access the calculator here if you want to change the cents per point valuation: http://bit.ly/2hyCVYa
1. File -> "Download As" or "Make a Copy"
2. Modify the YELLOW cells
- Normal offer: 30,000 points
- Current offer: 60,000 points
- Minimum spend: $1,000 in the first three months
- Annual fee: $99, not waived the first year
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn 6x points on JetBlue purchases
- Earn 2x on restaurants and grocery stores
- Earn 1x on everything else
- Expires: 12/31/17
- Direct link to offer: http://bit.ly/2z0UCHo
The benefit is the JetBlue Plus is a keeper card if you fly JetBlue often. JetBlue points are tied to the price, as well as the type of seat option. Meaning if you fly Mint, the points will be worth less (1 CPP), and if you fly economy, it'll be worth more (1.9 CPP).
JetBlue Redemption Rebate
To make the card even better, JetBlue is currently running a rebate sale where you can get a 15% rebate, on top of the normal 10% rebate. Get 15% of your points back when you book an award flight.
The fine print:
- Register on JetBlue's site: https://trueblue.jetblue.com/web/trueblue/15rebate2017
- Book now through 11/14 for travel using points through 2/14/18
- Points will be re-deposited into your account 4-6 weeks after 2/14/18
If you're someone who can take advantage of the 15% Redemption Rebate promotion, then the 60,000 sign-up bonus is really 75,000 points, which equates to $1,125 in value.
If you can't take advantage of the 15% Redemption Rebate promotion, then you're getting $990 in value for $1,000 in minimum spend with the regular 10% rebate.
Learn more about how to book JetBlue Mint Class for "free" in this post.