The American Express Hilton Honors Ascend card has an increased offer of 100,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points, plus a free weekend night on your (first) card anniversary. Offer expires 6/27/2018.
The limited time offer is attractive because it gives you a free weekend night on your first card anniversary. There have been increased offers of 125,000 Hilton Honors bonus points in the past, but you can get more value than 25,000 points with the free weekend night.
You can view credit card offers by going to the "Credit Card Offers" tab. Find offers for the respective cards in "Hotel Credit Cards." You don't have to use our links, but we're grateful when you do. Thank you for supporting AskSebby!
American Express Hilton Honors Ascend
- Annual fee: $95, not waived
- Signup bonus: 100,000 Hilton Honors points after you spend $3,000 within the first three months of account opening
- Free weekend night on your first card anniversary. Offer expires 6/27/2018.
- Earn 12x on Hilton purchases
- 6x at supermarkets
- 6x at restaurants
- 6x at gas stations
- 3x on everything else
- Earn Diamond status after spending $40,000 in a calendar year
- Earn a free weekend night after spending $15,000 in a calendar year
- Complimentary Hilton Gold status
- No foreign transaction fees
- Priority Pass: 10 free visits
Free weekend certificate
If you redeem the free weekend certificate at aspiration travel destinations, you can get more value than 25,000 points.
For example, the Conrad Bora Bora Nui is valued at 80,000 Hilton Honors points, and you can use a free weekend night certificate at the property. There seems to be plenty of availability.
Another example is the Parc 55 San Francisco hotel, which is located near Union Square and popular shopping destinations. Each night costs 60,000 Hilton points. The Parc 55 would be a good option to redeem the free weekend night certificate.
Using the Parc 55 San Francisco example...
Current bonus: 100k Hilton Honors points + free night
= 100k + 60k
Prior increased bonus: 125k Hilton Honors points
Hilton Honors points are usually valued at 0.6 cents per point (CPP). If you want to redeem points at an expensive property like Bora Bora, then the points valuation changes to 1 CPP.
= 0.6 CPP * (100k + free night)
= 0.6 CPP * 180k
= $1,080 value
At 1 CPP (aggressive):
= 1 CPP * 180k
= $1,800 in value