The "Best Credit Card Offers" series focuses on cards that have a higher than usual signup bonus. For example, if the signup bonus is usually 60,000 points, but for a limited time the bonus is 80,000 points, then it will be featured.
Disclaimer: the featured cards may not be the best ones for your situation. Only apply for cards that are relevant to your lifestyle and if you pay off the balance each month.
Chase AARP Card
No, you don't have to be a senior to get the Chase AARP card. The card currently has an increased signup bonus of $200, normally $100, after spending $500 within the first three months.
- No annual fee
- Signup bonus: $200 after spending $500 within the first three months
- Earn 3% cash back at restaurants
- Earn 3% cash back at gas stations
- Earn 1% cash back on everything else
If you're looking for a card that will literally age with you, the Chase AARP card is ideal for anyone who is looking to earn more points for dining and gas. Cash back can be redeemed for cash, AARP membership, gift cards, and travel.
Keep in mind that this card does NOT earn Ultimate Rewards, so if you have the Chase Sapphire Reserve, this card might not be the best fit for you.
Citi ThankYou Premier Card
The Citi ThankYou Premier has an increased offer of 50,000 ThankYou points (usually 30,000 points) after $4,000 of spend within the first three months.
- $95 annual fee, waived the first year
- Signup bonus: 50,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 within the first three months
- Earn 3x on travel
- Earn 2x on dining and entertainment
- Earn 1x on everything else
View the current public card offers by clicking the travel banner above this post.
After the first year, there are downgrade paths to product change the card. A good downgrade option would be the Citi Double Cash card to earn 2% cash back on everything.
Citi ThankYou points are worth 1 CPP - 2 CPP, so 50,000 points are equivalent to $500-$1,000 in value. Be aware that if you have opened, closed, or product changed a card that earns ThankYou points in the past 24 months, you will not be eligible for the bonus.
Barclays Wyndham Rewards
The normal offer is 30,000 bonus points, and the current offer is 45,000 points. Direct link to offer here (not an affiliate link).
- $75 annual fee
- Earn 30,000 bonus points after your first purchase. Plus, earn an additional 15,000 points after you spend $2,000 within the first three months.
- Earn 5 points per $1 spent on Wyndham
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on eligible gas, utility, and grocery store purchases (excluding Target and Walmart)
- Earn 1 point per $1 everywhere else
- Automatically get Platinum status at Wyndham Rewards
- Earn 6,000 bonus points annually after your membership anniversary every year
- No foreign transaction fees
After the first year, if you're not getting positive expected value, you can always downgrade the card to the no annual fee version.
Barclays is inquiry sensitive, so I don't recommend applying if you have more than six inquiries in the past six months.