The Amex SPG Business card currently has a historic high offer of 35k bonus points, which is worth $980. The offer ends on March 28, 2018.
SPG points are valuable because they're flexible to use on flights or hotels. You could book an Emirates first class flight by transferring SPG points to airline partners.
If you’re looking to get a credit card in March, it would be worthwhile to consider the American Express Starwood Preferred card before it's discontinued.
You can view credit card offers by going to the "Credit Card Offers" tab. Find offers for the respective cards in "Business Credit Cards." You don't have to use our links, but we're grateful when you do. Thank you for supporting AskSebby!
Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card
- Annual fee: $95 annual fee, waived the first year
- Signup bonus: 35,000 Starpoints after $7,000 in spend within the first 3 months
- Earn 5 Starpoints per $1 spent at SPG hotels
- Earn 2 Starpoints per $1 spent at Marriott Rewards hotels
- Redeem Starpoints for free nights at SPG hotels
- Offer expires: 3/28/2018
What we like:
- Transfer Starpoints to Marriott Rewards for 1:3 points
- Access to Sheraton Club Lounge
- 30 transfer airline partners
- Free in-room premium internet
- No foreign transaction fees
Signup Bonus Value
Most people value SPG points at 2.3-2.8 cents per point, depending on how you plan to redeem the points.
- 35k SPG * 2.8 CPP = $980 in value
Return on Spend
Assuming we use the 2.8 CPP valuation, you're getting a 14% return on spend.
- $980 value / $7,000 min spend = 14% ROS
Signup Bonus Value (including minimum spend)
The signup bonus value, after you include the $7,000 minimum spend requirement comes out to $1,176 in value.
- = 35k SPG (bonus) + 7k SPG (spend)
- = 42k SPG * 2.8 CPP = $1,176 in value
- $1,176 value / $7,000 min spend = 16.8% ROS
Who is eligible for a business card?
In most states, if you have a sole proprietorship or a business that includes your name and generates income, you can qualify for a business card.
Some examples of businesses are freelancers, tutoring on the weekend, or doing projects on the side.
For example in the state of California, the following names would be ok:
- Fung Consulting
- Sebastian Fung Plumbing
- Fung Dogsitting
- Fung Repairs
- Fung Photography
Examples of business names that are NOT fine for California (without any paperwork):
- Fung Brothers!
- Fung Group
- Fung and Associates
If the name of the business implies more than one person, you will need paperwork.