Wells Fargo is offering $200 to new customers that open an Everyday Checking account. This offer is online-only.
- Signup bonus: $200
- Requirements: at least three direct deposits of $500 for three consecutive months within 150 days of account opening
- $25 minimum deposit at time of opening
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- Monthly fees: $10, can be avoided
- No early termination fees
- Expires: 3/22/2018 or sooner
- Direct link to offer: https://www.wellsfargo.com/jump/checking/prospect-offer/
- Offer available on wellsfargo.com only and not available in AA, AE, AP, AS, GU, HI, KY, LA, MA, ME, MI, MP, NH, OK, PR, RI, VI, VT, and WV.
How to avoid monthly fees
Avoid the $10 monthly service fee on your Everyday Checking account with one of the following (during each fee period):
- 10 or more posted debit card purchases/payments from this checking account. This does not include transactions at an ATM.
- Qualifying direct deposits totaling $500 or more.
- $1,500 minimum daily balance.
- A linked Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card.
The fine print
You must be a new Wells Fargo customer to qualify for the $200 checking bonus. Wells Fargo team members are not eligible for the bonus.
In order to qualify, you can not have received a bonus within the past 12 months.
Like most Wells Fargo promos in the past, they can discontinue the promotion at any time. The Bonus will post within 45 days after eligibility and qualifications have been met.
American Express offers a wide range of charge cards and credit cards. Which card should you get first? Which one is the best “first Amex?”
The lounges at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport are getting a makeover this summer, resulting in temporary locations for some lounges.
The Amex SPG was refreshed in August, and Marriott released the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus card earlier this year. Starting on August 26, 2018, you'll only be eligible for a signup bonus from Marriott or SPG, but not both.
Citi recently launched the new American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp card. The card is a good entry level or product change option if you want to earn miles on groceries and American Airline purchases.
The US Open takes place on August 27-September 9, 2018 at the Louis Armstrong Stadium in Flushing, New York. American Express will be providing a handful of benefits that cardholders can enjoy. Be sure to pick up and activate an armband at the event to enroll in each benefit.
Get $250 via Acorns app when you signup to be an Airbnb host, Flying Blue deals, Discover removes price protection.
Starting August 26, 2018, new rules will be implemented for the Chase Marriott and Amex SPG cards. Most people are speculating that the implementation will be on Marriott's side and link loyalty program numbers to ensure consumers aren't stacking multiple benefits.
Bank of America has a good two-card setup if you plan on having your assets with them long-term. The points earning rates vary by reward tier, and the more assets you have, the higher your earning rate is.
The Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) loyalty programs will merge in August. With the new changes, should you keep your American Express SPG card?
American Express offers can be found when you login to your American Express account. Offers are targeted, so your mileage may vary. If you see an offer you like, be sure to add or enroll in the offer because they can run out. Prior to purchase, you must add or enroll in the offer to use it.