Wells Fargo is offering $200 to new customers that open an Everyday Checking account. This offer is online-only.
- Signup bonus: $200
- Requirements: at least three direct deposits of $500 for three consecutive months within 150 days of account opening
- $25 minimum deposit at time of opening
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- Monthly fees: $10, can be avoided
- No early termination fees
- Expires: 3/22/2018 or sooner
- Direct link to offer: https://www.wellsfargo.com/jump/checking/prospect-offer/
- Offer available on wellsfargo.com only and not available in AA, AE, AP, AS, GU, HI, KY, LA, MA, ME, MI, MP, NH, OK, PR, RI, VI, VT, and WV.
How to avoid monthly fees
Avoid the $10 monthly service fee on your Everyday Checking account with one of the following (during each fee period):
- 10 or more posted debit card purchases/payments from this checking account. This does not include transactions at an ATM.
- Qualifying direct deposits totaling $500 or more.
- $1,500 minimum daily balance.
- A linked Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card.
The fine print
You must be a new Wells Fargo customer to qualify for the $200 checking bonus. Wells Fargo team members are not eligible for the bonus.
In order to qualify, you can not have received a bonus within the past 12 months.
Like most Wells Fargo promos in the past, they can discontinue the promotion at any time. The Bonus will post within 45 days after eligibility and qualifications have been met.
How to maximize the Amex Platinum benefits: Uber credits, Saks credits, airline fees, airport lounge access, Amex Platinum Concierge, return protection, extended warranty, and purchase protection.
Booking a flight with the right credit card can make or break a trip, especially if unexpected delays happen. Missed connections or canceled flights can leave a hole in your wallet, and some airlines will only provide food vouchers and overnight accommodations if the delay with within their control.
There’s a misconception going around that the Amex Platinum card earns 5x on ALL hotel stays. To clarify, the Amex Platinum only earns 5x points when you book hotel nights through amextravel.com or the Fine Hotels and Resorts Collection (FHR).
Roundup of deals: Chase Pay offers, Bank of America Free Museum Weekend, and more.
American Express recently sent out Form 1099-MISC to cardmembers who had referrals in 2018. In the past, cardholders did not receive forms for referrals, so this might come as an unfortunate surprise.
Marriott recently announced the upcoming changes to their loyalty program, Bonvoy. There’s a lot of information to digest like rebranding cards, new cards, status, and key dates.
The points game is always changing when it comes to valuations and redemptions. Should you diversify your points to de-risk?
On February 12, 2019, American Express and Chase are going to discontinue new applications for the Amex SPG and Chase Marriott Business cards.
Overcrowding has been an issue for American Express Centurion lounges lately, and Amex recently announced some upcoming changes to fix it
Tax season is approaching, and it’s a prime opportunity to meet the minimum spend requirement on a new credit card. Here’s how to pay your taxes with a credit card.